School Lead: Headteacher/Assessment Manager
- To track attainment and progress of pupil premium eligible pupils to discuss and tackle underachievement immediately
- To narrow the gap in Reading, Writing and Maths for pupils in Years 1 to 6 using pre teaching and catch up.
- To narrow the gap in Reading, Writing and Maths for pupils specifically in Year 6.
- To track specifically the progress of pupil premium eligible pupils to narrow the gap in Year 1 phonics.
- To purchase a synthetic phonics programme to accelerate the rates of progress in phonics and early reading in EYs and KS1
- To train all staff in the teaching of phonics to accelerate rates of progress of vulnerable pupils
- To accelerate rates of progress for pupils in EYs through early intervention, esp in C & L, PSE, PD, Ma, Re and Wr.
- To purchase a stimulating thematic curriculum to inspire and motivate all learners and provide a broad and more balanced curriculum for all pupils from EYs to Year 6 at County Bridge
- To provide enrichment activities, e.g. Theatre visit and school trips linked to thematic curriculum
- To employ ARTIS to focus on listening and speaking skills and to impact upon the pupils’ writing skills linking to the thematic curriculum
- To provide staff with training on feedback and marking to improve learners’ progress
- To buy additional resources specifically to booster progress in Reading, Writing and Maths, i.e. revision guides, Testbase subscription, tests, etc…
- To target pupils specifically for interventions in and out of the school day in order to accelerate rates of progress
- To target pupils for improving individual attendance at school and increase whole school attendance overall by 1% (correlation sought between PP pupils and attendance issues/priorities)
- To accelerate rates of progress for Pupil Premium eligible pupils and include in whole school staff appraisal targets
For detailed information about how the funding was used to support our students, please access the document below.
Pupil Premium 2014-2015 Headteacher Expenditure and Evaluation