County Bridge is a Local Authority maintained primary school in the borough of Walsall. Financial responsibility for the running of the school rests with the Governors and the Local Education Authority, which comes under the auspices of Walsall Council
The school provides education for up to 210 children between the ages of 4 and 11, with nursery provision for up to 39 three and four year olds.
The school celebrates its links with the community. Reverend Sharon Hough leads regular acts of worship in school, and we hold special services, such as at Harvest, Christmas and Easter in school with regular school and class acts of worship to which parents are invited. We also have good links with our local Sikh community and are constantly looking for opportunities to link with the local community
Accommodation and Facilities
The main school building dates from the late 1970s and houses the following:
- Kitchen / food preparation area,
- reception / administration office
- Community / conference room
- Quadrangle housing the school pond
- Open Plan Area for EYFS and enclosed classrooms for Y1-Y3 and Y6
- We also have 2 mobile classrooms housing Y4 and Y5 classes.
- ICT Suite. Each class has an access to this suite of 15 computers on a timetabled basis and we also have a suite of laptops and netbooks to enhance the ICT access within the school. We are linked to the Internet via Broadband and children are encouraged to use this as an information source as well as for e-mail
- The school has a hard surfaced, all weather play area with a safe play area for children in the foundation stage. We have a large playing field for sporting activities, which includes a wildlife area