School Lead: Headteacher (Assessment Manager)/Inclusion Manager
- To track attainment and progress of pupil premium eligible pupils to discuss and tackle underachievement immediately
- To develop ‘quality first’ teaching, raising expectations for pupil premium pupils
- To narrow the gap in Reading, Writing and Maths for pupils in Years 1 to 6 using pre teaching and catch up.
- To accelerate rates of progress and increase GLD for pupils in Rec through an additional TA (pupil: adult ratio reduced).
- To narrow the large attainment gap in Reading, Writing and Maths for pupils specifically in Year 6.
- To track specifically the progress of the disadvantaged pupils for Phonics in Year to narrow the gap
- To develop indoor and outdoor classroom environment for Early Years to raise expectations for the youngest pupil premium pupils and begin rapidly to narrow the attainment gap
- To employ ARTIS to focus on listening and speaking skills and to impact upon the pupils’ writing skills linking to the thematic curriculum
- To provide a broad range of enrichment activities, e.g. Theatre visit and school trips linked to thematic curriculum
- To nurture a ‘reading for pleasure and enjoyment’ culture across the whole school, developing and enriching books and resources to promote this.
- To buy additional resources specifically to booster progress in Reading, Writing and Maths, i.e. revision guides, Testbase subscription, tests, etc…
- To target pupil premium pupils’ attendance; to increase 1.1% from 94.4% (2015) to 95.5% in 2016
- To develop the ICT provision to impact on pupil premium pupils’ engagement in all lessons with a greater focus on increasing interactivity with technology
- To accelerate rates of progress for Pupil Premium eligible pupils and include in whole school staff appraisal targets
For detailed information about how the funding was used to support our students, please access the document below.